Thursday, July 2, 2009

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Long distance is the wrong distance. Deal breaker!"
-- Liz Lemon (Tina Fey), 30 Rock

Speaking of 30 Rock, as a former Teen People editor, I know how hard it is to get a bunch of music stars assembled in the same place at the same time. So I'm pretty impressed that the 30 Rock powers that be (Lorne Michaels and Tina Fey?) managed to get all of those hitmakers -- Sheryl Crow, Adam Levine, Elvis Costello, Mary J. Blige, Clay Aiken, Moby, Beastie Boys, Cyndi Lauper, Michael McDonald -- to appear in the "Kidney Now!" season finale (which just aired tonight in South America), making fun of celeb-choir benefit singles like "We Are The World." Outrageous! Especially when Cyndi Lauper, who looks awesome, mimicked her over-the-the top vocal and physical antics from the "We Are The World" video. I wonder if everyone checked their egos at the door.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

30 Rock is pretty amazing with the cameos. The only one I felt was overrated was Jennifer Aniston's.

Jeremy Helligar said...

I've been noticing. I was pretty shocked when all of those big names kept popping up until I remembered that everyone still wants to perform on/host Saturday Night Live. I also think Alan Alda as Alec Baldwin's dad was pretty genius casting.

Unknown said...

Alan Alda has been pretty great on the show. Although Sherri Shepherd annoys me on The View, I do like her as Tracy's wife. Salma Hayek's storyline got annoying after awhile, but she was still pretty good. The best was Edie Falco's Lifetime movie, "A Dog Ate My Face, So I Got a Better Face."