Saturday, July 26, 2008

RECIPE FOR SUCCESS?

I've never been a big fan of picnic food--particularly the various salads. Potato salad I can live with. Carrot salad? Take it or leave it. Cole slaw? Leave it. Pasta salad? Pasta salad! Does anyone actually like pasta salad? My friend Cara thinks so, and last night at dinner, she said she has a guaranteed crowd pleaser in the recipe she was using for a salad that she was preparing for her fiancé Dave's birthday today. Separately, the ingredients (aside from the pepperoni--I don't do meat) are palatable. Which makes me wonder if my overall distaste for pasta salad would be reversed if it were served warm(er). Anyway, I share:

  • Whole wheat pasta
  • Yellow hot pepper rings
  • Pepperoni
  • White Irish cheddar
  • Cucumber
  • Newman's Own Oil & Vinegar!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The pasta salad was a huge hit. And I, for one, hate pasta salad, but I love this recipe. I think the reason most picnic salads are so poor is because there's usually a creamy/tangy element. Ick!!